Marketing in Motion
1. Market Analysis and Pricing Strategy: Before listing your house, you need to know what price you should ask to be competitive in the market. I provide a detailed Comparative Market Analysis that will help you feel comfortable knowing your asking price will get you the best dollar for your home. I search for comparable homes in your area and what they have both been listed and sold for, considering the differences in the homes, lot sizes, and more...
2. Photography & Professional Video Tours: Home shopping has come a long way since I started in 1989. Today, media presence is extremely important with most buyers making the decision to view inside your home from what they see online. When your house is ready for showing, it will be captured in photos and video and showcased on the MLS system, on my website, Facebook, Vimeo and others
3. Data Gathering: A title search will be ordered and all charges on the property will be clarified, information from the municipality will be obtained, a professional floorplan of your home will be drawn up, and if your home is a strata property, a complete set of strata documents will be ordered. This happens before the listing goes live so it can be provided to the buyer in hopes of getting a subject free offer.
4. MLS Listing: Once we have all the backend done your home will be listed on the MLS System - Greater Vancouver's largest online network of properties! Your house will be available to view by both agents and buyers. The flood gates will be opened, and you should expect showings right away.
5. For Sale Sign: The "For Sale" sign is the simplest form of advertising. A Johnston Meier Insurance and Realty sign will be placed on your lawn to let neighbors and passer-byers know your home is for sale by a reputable REALTOR.
6. Host Open Houses: I like to hold open houses the first weekend your home is on the market. Buyers who attend an open house are most often more qualified, interested, and engaged in the home. You can create a big impact and will, in some cases, create a bidding war!
7. MLS Agent Tour: The MLS Tour allows approximately 30 REALTORS from various companies to view your home at the same time. In pre pandemic times, this can lead to more appointments with their clients in the week after the tour.
8. The Lockbox: A Lockbox is a small computer that hangs on your doorknob that contains a key to your house. When a REALTOR inserts his entry card into the lockbox, it records the time, date, and salesperson's name. This means that I can set up showings with trusted REALTORS when you're not home and at the earliest convenience, all with the safety of knowing who and when people are entering your home.
9. Feature Sheet: I create a detailed Feature Sheet to present to potential buyers that is available on the MLS system and presented at the Open House and Agent Tour. The Feature Sheet is made up of all the selling features of your home, high end photos and a floor plan. This takeaway for the buyer keeps your home top of mind.
My Promise to You
10. Keeping in Touch with the Current Market: Throughout the listing period, I will provide you with listing and sale information on comparable homes in your area and advise you of how this will influence the sale of your home. I also keep up to date with market trends and will inform you of any changes that could affect your sale.
11. Keep Track of All Your Showings: All the appointments to show your home are made through me. No other salesperson will call you directly. This way, I can make sure that all the details of your home are not missed, and I can keep track of the showings you've had.
12. Provide You with Constant Feedback: After the showings, I will follow up with realtors for the positive and negative comments about from their buyers. This helps keep you in touch with what the public thinks so we can make the changes necessary to sell your home.
The Offer Stage
13. Notify Other Realtors of Incoming Offers: When an offer is written, I call the last few REALTORS that have shown your property to see if their clients want to write an offer as well. This is a definite advantage as it can create a bidding war to get you a higher price!
14. Strong Negotiations Without Pressuring You: When an offer comes in, you are up to date with listings and sales in your area, you have feedback from showings, and you know market trends. My job now is to carefully examine the offer, provide you with my personal advice, and give you options. I put my years of experience and negotiation skills to work for you.
15. Meeting the Appraiser and Inspector: By meeting the appraiser, any concerns or questions that he/she may have about your property can be answered preventing any miscalculation of your home's market value. Most REALTORS do not attend house inspections, but I consider it to be extremely important. If the inspector finds anything of concern, I would personally like to see it firsthand so I can relay the information to you accurately.
16. Verifying the Deposit: I obtain verification that the deposit from the buyer is in place and available if their offer is accepted. Only at this time do I consider your home sold.
17. Arranging a Notary Public or Lawyer: Once chosen by you, I will have all the pertinent paperwork forwarded to their office and help you through the next steps.
18. Ensuring your Home is Registered: Before your key is given to the buyers, I ensure that the transfer has, in fact, been completed by the lawyers. I don't consider my job done until this has happened!
Johnston Meier Insurance and Realty
#202 3387 David Ave. Coquitlam, BC V3E 0B8